There’s never been a time when innovation in the public sector has been more urgently needed. As problems grow more complex, developing an innovation culture becomes increasingly important. There is a clear imperative to innovate in the public sector.
Do you have what it takes to inspire people to practice innovation? What kind of leadership is more likely to create an environment where innovation and creativity can flourish?
During this engaging and practical workshop we will explore and experiment together to:
- surface leadership styles which encourage innovation
- learn how to build and maintain a talented, motivated team – building on the notion of intrinsic motivation
- review latest thinking on how compassionate leadership stimulates innovation – unpacking and exploring the recent paper by Michael West – “Caring to Change”
- explode the myth of creativity being an innate talent – creativity is a skill that can be learned, developed and applied
- share creative thinking models and strategies that will challenge you and help you review existing perspectives and consider alternative solutions to “tricky issues”
Our teams will determine the success or failure of getting innovation to the heart of the next generation of public services – harnessing their motivation will be a critical component of a new model of public sector innovation. This workshop will help you focus on and equip you to make this happen as a GM Leader.
Rene Barrett is a Partner Associate of North West Employers, as well as being an independent development consultant, a fellow of the CIPD, with an MBA, has extensive understanding of the transformation agenda and the needs of practitioners across the public sector.
Rene’s previous experience includes being Director of Development at North West Employers, Assistant Director of HR with Salford Council and as Director of Learning for the GMB trade union. She has extensive employee relations experience and is regarded as a leading regional figure in relation to leadership and workforce development.
Rene supports public sector organisations both regionally and nationally in the diverse areas of leadership and management, workforce development, partnership working, action learning, and the development of creative problem solving skills. Increasingly she is working with clients, both individually and organisationally on building resilience and wellbeing.
To book your place on this Masterclass please Click Here.