We are inviting leaders from Public Services and the VCSE sector to attend this event. We have had a great response so far but are keen to have as many people as possible join us to make the most of this opportunity.
Following GMCA’s launch of The Greater Manchester Model of public service delivery in November 2018, with its focus on people, communities and collaboration, our Learning in GM event is timely. ‘The GM Model’ sets out a way of working that is focused around relationships with citizens, neighbourhoods and colleagues, and embedding place-based working in all public services across GM. To achieve this goal, leaders from all sectors will have to work closely together in localities and beyond. This event brings VCSE sector and Public Service leaders together to build relationships and learn from and about each other.
The values and methods that the VCSE sector work to are closely linked to the way of working set out by The Greater Manchester Model and we want to show real examples of where this approach is already being used. This event is an opportunity to explore the links between you as leaders and talk about how you want to build links in the future. Delegates will have the opportunity to learn about each other’s leadership styles, and share stories of how they became the leaders they are. We will present examples of successful cross-sector partnerships followed by group discussions about how these approaches could affect future work and opportunities.
You don’t have to lead people or be a leader by title to come along, we want people who lead through actions and ideas based on the needs of our people and communities. This event is for you if you are:
- Working in public services, voluntary, community or social enterprise organisation.
- Someone who leads beyond your organisation
- Interested in leadership cultures and collaborating within and across sectors.
It will be an interactive workshop where you will:
- Share ways of working that align with The Greater Manchester Model
- Learn about successes and challenges from organisations that have been working collaboratively
- Have time for connecting with leaders from across Greater Manchester
- Find out more about an opportunity to build ongoing stronger relationships with other leaders
Confirmed speakers include:
- Rita Evans, Leaders in GM Programme Director and Alex Whinnom, Chief Executive, GMCVO
Simone Spray, Chief Executive, 42nd Street talking about the Mentally Healthy Schools Pilot
We will be running two identical sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. You only need to book on to one.
- Session 1: 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Lunch: 12:30pm – 13:30pm*
- Session 2: 1.30pm to 4.30pm
*Lunch is available for all delegates – those who wish to come for lunch who are attending session two will need to arrive at 12.30pm.